Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Help Me Out Here People



What exactly is the difference between 'MEH' and 'EH'. Don't they essentially express the same emotional response to what someone says to you while you instantly message each other? Are they like 'BETA' and 'VHS' or 'BLUE RAY' and 'HD'? Is one just going to go away eventually? I know the picture has NOTHING to do with the post but I just dig the way this crazy llama does his hair. He's a bad boy and he just don't care. Drives the girl llamas crazy down on the ranch.

8 comments:

Drake said...

I think with "meh" you pull a face and with "eh" you just shrug.
My job here is done, thank you thank you...Hey did you just Meh me?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Can't you just shrug and make a face with either? See..not that easy to clarify is it, smartypants?

Drake said...

*Hangs head*
Cal is right again, this is why he's so cool! :)

Blue aka "The Creeper" said...

I thought "Meh" meant "whatever" (remember to drag out the r so it's long) or don't care and "Eh" meant you're hard of hearing. lol

Lolita of the Classics said...

"Meh" DOES seem a little more like "duh", meant to make you look stupid. I think. "Eh" is more lack of words. But jeez, I don't know this stuff! I like at least a little bit of correct grammar and correct sentences in hte online language.

Awesome blog, by the way! Found it via Mykal. Have to follow it now!

That llama is totally admirable.

Wings1295 said...

I always took "meh" to be like "not great, but not horrible" whereas "eh" is "not great, bad".

Wandering Coyote said...

"Meh" is iffy, or indifferent, or OK, or bland, or "whatever." EH is so much more versatile! It can mean all kinds of things depending on context, tone, body language...

Jay said...

I think to truly understand the word "Meh" you should read John Hodgman's take (he's the nerdy "PC" from the Mac commercials).

http://waxy.org/2009/02/john_hodgman_on_meh/

/enjoy