Monday, December 21, 2009

Meme-opallooza


Found at Electronic Cerebrectomy

1. 3 living things you treasure

my few friends, my mother, and my kitty

2. 3 non-living things that you treasure

my father, my talents, my memories

3. favorite time of the year and why

That one day is June when I watch the sunrise and the sunset.

4. favorite things to wear

My cape - lets hope they come back in style sometime soon like I hear the monocle is. Until then pj pants and a cotton t-shirt.

5. are you a perfume wearer? If yes, which one?

Drakkor Noir - a bit strong but I can pull it off. Sounds like something a superhero would call himself.

6. favorite animal

Domesticated house cat and all his larger cousins.

7. top three events in your life (so far)

First Day of School, Graduating University, First solo flight

8. top three small pleasures

Internet, Television, Pepsi

9. top 3 favorite places in the world you have visited

Salzberg, Paris, Red Deer

10. top 3 favorite sounds

Kitten's meow, laughter that is like music, crunch of snow beneath my feet

11. top 3 favorite things to eat

fried chicken, fresh bread, cheese

12. 3 small ways someone has made your day lately

Something that I have done or written has touched them or was deemed meaningful. They remembered something I mentioned I enjoyed and provided it. They thought of me and just needed to call.

13. 3 small habits/quirks

I arrange my pillows carefully and need the blanket to be wrapped around me a certain way. It's like a dance recital to see me go sleepies. I will not eat dairy products that I myself have not opened.

14. describe your life using 6 words maximum

First do no harm then learn.

15. favorite books, films, and music... list 3 in each category:

'Dune', 'Legends of the Fall', 'Garbage - Version 2.0' are always near or at the top for me. Everything else on those lists can vary with time or mood.

16. name 3 words that you hate, and 3 that you love:

HATE: celebrity, politics, greed

LOVE: laughter, music, generosity of spirit

17. what are a few of the goals you have for your future and how do you plan on making them a reality?

I continue to look for reasons to live another day because for me there is nothing beyond the next day.

18. what is the best piece of advice you've ever heard?

"Always be good to those who can't possible be of any use to you."

Not that I seek out those who can be 'of use' to me but it reminds me that no one is beneath my notice or care. My father lived by that advice.

19. what is your favorite quote and why?

"The world is not enough. But it is such a perfect place to start, my love."

I could rule the world if I had someone to love me. Its my punishment and my curse that I do not and will not ever.

20. have any regrets?

They add up daily.

5 comments:

Hannah said...

"Always be good to those who can't possible be of any use to you."

'Not that I seek out those who can be 'of use' to me but it reminds me that no one is beneath my notice or care. My father lived by that advice.'

That is great advice! The world would be a better place if more people believed this.:)

Wings1295 said...

I agree with Hannah, great advice indeed.

And never give up hope, Calvin my friend. Tomorrow is another day!

Pearl said...

I like you more every time I come over here...

Pearl

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

K..that made me feel better...thanks everyone.

Cora said...

"I could rule the world if I had someone to love me. Its my punishment and my curse that I do not and will not ever."

Says who? Take it from someone who thought she'd be alone forever too, you NEVER know what (and WHO) is waiting for you just around the corner, my friend.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're far too much fun to be alone! There IS a girl out there for you, and she's a damn lucky girl too, of that I am sure! She'll find you, I have no doubt about that. Just you wait and see.

And now I'm going to bloggy hug you - brace yourself!

((((HUG))))