Monday, April 25, 2011

Kittyzilla Commissions



About a month ago I commissioned Jennifer of Kittyzilla to make me a couple of 'Calvin' figures in her plushie style. These are the first pictures of the nearly finished pieces and I am really impressed. I tried to be patient and wait until she was finished to show them to all of you but I can't help but share these today. They are fantastic. She already does awesome representations of superhero characters from the comics Now I can consider myself part of that illustrious company.

Big thanks to Becca and MD for coming up with the drawings that inspired the creation of these dolls.

All three of these people have contributed so much to the mytholody and look of the 'Cave of Cool'. I can never thank them enough for their efforts. I feel blessed to have found such talented and creative artists.



16 comments:

Budd said...

those are cool. good thing you have a unique image. For me, it would be, "look, there is an average person, maybe on the short side."

M. D. Jackson said...

Wheee! Those are awesome!

You were right, Cal! Now I have to go home and change my pants!

Well done, Kittyzilla!

Kal said...

I am only cool because MC and Becca worked really hard at developing the look of my 'Cave of Cool' character. I like to think that I inspired them to do such great work because the concept I created was equally strong and motivating.

Unknown said...

Cal, those are too cool! How exciting to have a stuffed copy of yourself! It is like having a set of mini clones.

Lazarus Lupin said...

Beautiful worker ya lucky bastard!! :) :)

Lazarus lupin
http://strangespanner.blogspot.com/
art and review

DrGoat said...

Wow Cal. Those are the coolest things I have seen in a long time. You have just launched yourself into the stratosphere of cool!
The work is top-notch, you lucky guy. I love the Cthulhu-like beard.
I will strive to be worthy.

Pat Tillett said...

And the saga continues...
These are really cool!

Chase March said...

I'm so jealous! Those are amazing!

I like how you've built the cave into something really remarkable and unique. Keep up the good work!

Remember the show Prisoners of Gravity? I think you should launch something like that. You've already got a nice brand and legions of fans. Just something to think about.

D.I. Felipe González said...

Amazing! You could make a fortune franchising your image to action figure manufacturers!

TS Hendrik said...

Wow those are killer! I want a Kal figure to battle the octopus horde with!

Kal said...

Thanks everyone. I am pretty pleased with how they turned out. It should be the start or continuation of some great things here at the 'Cave of Cool'. DI is right, I should franchise out to other manufacturers. Except Lego of course. I just can't work with those guys.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

OMG, immortalized in plush! They are both friggin' FANTASTIC!

Megan said...

COOL.

Unknown said...

Man those are awesome!

LEon said...

I have to say the toy had character and the details and the workmanship is amazing! I wonder how much will it cost to get this done?

JBond said...

Effin' awesome!!