Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Love This Movie


And that is the reason Jake gets a free pass from me for life. He can make any stupid piece of crap he wants and I will always answer with, "Well he was Donnie Darko." 'nuff said.

I liked 'Source Code' and 'Prince of Persia'. I thought the latter really came around full circle with it's story and was a very satisfying live action Disney adventure.

HERE is what I said about 'Donnie Darko' years ago. Except for my post being one very long paragraph I stand by what I said about this film. It really is one I can watch whenever I come across it on the satellite. I still take something new away from the movie each and every time. Both Jake and Jenna Malone (Rocket in 'Sucker Punch') are terrific as the doomed boyfriend/girlfriend.

Gretchen - "Donnie Darko...what kind of name is that? It sounds like some kind of superhero or something."

Donnie - "What makes you think I am not?"


3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've never seen Donnie Darko but it looks like my type of flick. Time to rent it!

Kal said...

You have NEVER seen 'Donnie Darko'??? I am glad I know you now because that is an instant deal breaker. LOL. I am kidding of course. I really would like to know what you think of the film but be warned that people either love it or hate it. There is no middle ground. You may have to watch it more than once to figure out what is really going on. For a guy like me who likes it when a movie makes me think and doesn't spoon feed me it's meaning, it's an amazing viewing experience. I also love the time travel elements. I hope you see it soon because I love to talk this movie with everyone. Here is my post I did years and years ago that you should check-out AFTER you see it.

http://calvinscanadiancaveofcool.blogspot.com/2008/12/favorite-movies-8-donnie-darko.html

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'll try to give it a whirl in the foreseeable future. I'll let you know what I think of it!