Thursday, April 14, 2011

A-Z Challenge - M Is For Music

I was lucky to be surrounded by music all my life. My dad was a big country music fans so my knowledge and enjoyment of music began there.

He taught me how to sing harmony and I loved nothing more than pretending my bedroom dresser was a keyboard and I was performing in front of stadiums full of fans. To this day, when I have the house to myself, I still indulge in a little music therapy. It's very cathartic.

I have a rule in my car - I pick the music and will sing along to most everything. If you don't like it you can always walk. I love too many bands and songs to ever pick favorites but here are five that I was digging on today.


Wild Strawberries - I Don't Want To Think About It



Moist - Breath



Matthew Good Band - Rico



Fallout Boy - I Don't Care



Kanye West - Power

6 comments:

TS Hendrik said...

That's a good eclectic mix. And I loves me some Matthew Good Band.

I've always thought of music as my drug of choice.

M. D. Jackson said...

There's music and then there's music videos. Some songs can't stand up without the visuals. That's usually the test for me, which is why I avoid music videos as much as I can. I let my ears judge the quality of the music because my eyes will go to whatever is hot and jiggly and that tends to cloud my judgement.

Sarah said...

Music is second in my obsessions only to reading.

I must have music playing practically all the time. If ever my employer told me I couldn't have music playing while I worked, I'd have to quit.

I can't believe there are people out there who don't care for music of any kind (I've met one--they do exist!)

We're so alike Cal! I too love to blast the music way up whenever I have the house to myself, and often when I'm cooking or doing dishes I'll blast and dance away the time and it goes by in a flash with your favorite songs on.

I also have the rule that in my car you listen to the music I want & you must put up with me dancing & banging on the steering wheel.

Sadly, my love of music doesn't grant me any musical talent whatsoever. But luckily you don't have to be musically talented to appreciate it.

Kal said...

I am lucky to have the ability to harmonize with practically any song from Johnny Cash to Queen. I sound so good if I do say so myself. I am not one of those people who make a long car ride seem longer. Just another one of my mutant powers I guess.

Belle said...

That green dress in the first video would fit right into a Star Trek show! She is also very pretty.

Kal said...

I don't want to think about it. (see what I did there?)