Sunday, September 26, 2010

Saturday Night Live And Bouncing Katy Perry


I gotta say that I loved it. It had many great laugh out loud moments and it moved at a killer pace. No sketch stayed around for too long except those two sketches after Update (though I could have watched Katy Perry in that Elmo shirt for the whole hour and a half. That should be a show - 'Bouncing Katy Perry' - every week - new shirt, same bouncing. She can change her glasses and boots to match the shirt - HELLO EMMY).

I know that they have blown their whole load for the season and it will be a dark road from here. I don't know why I keep going back to this show but I have for it's entire history. It's like that girl that you don't like but you hang out with her because she will let you sleep with her. Even though after thirty-five years you have many other options, you keep opening that door for her because it's easy. That is my relationship with SNL.

I laughed. Katy bounced. (Did I mention how great that was?) It's a great day when one day a person is snubbed because of her boobs and the next day she is more famous and popular than ever. That is the world that I want to live in.

Speaking of Katy bouncing. I found the motion gif of the above image on tumblr but when I saved it and posted it here it wasn't moving anymore. Can someone tell me how to move a motion gif to Blogger and have it still be in motion?


So This Is Happening of the Day: According to EW’s PopWatch, Katy Perry will be bringing her too-hot-for-public-tv cleavage to an upcoming Simpsons Christmas special, in which she will appear as her IRL self, while the Simpsons characters, in reference to the recent ballyhoo, will be portrayed by puppets.

“In the wake of Elmo’s terrible betrayal, the Simpsons puppets wish to announce they stand felt-shoulder-to-shoulder with Katy Perry,” executive producer Al Jean is quoted as saying.

The episode, titled “The Fight Before Christmas,” will air December 5th on Fox.


I read that this episode is done POV through the eyes of Maggie who sees everyone as puppets.

7 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

I tuned in to the last ten minutes (because The Twilight Zone comes on right after) and caught Katy singing Teenage Dream. While I appreciated the schoolgirl outfits I did not appreciate the way that song was stuck in my head ALL FRICKIN' NIGHT!

And to top it all off, the Twilight Zone episode was one of my least favourites so I turned it off. All in all a very dissatisfactory evening.

Kal said...

You missed her bouncing sketch. Possibly the single greatest moment of late night television ever. She is so off my radar that when I saw that and her two performaances it was like a bolt of lightning. I have chosen not to obsess over her but let her cross my life randomly as she is on TV or online. I won't seek her out. I want this feeling to last but she is pretty terrific.

Which 'Zone' was it. NTV right? Which is your favorite. Mine is 'To Serve Man'.

M. D. Jackson said...

"To Serve Man" is great, and I have many favourites but my absolute favourite is still "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet".

Tempo said...

We only got the bit where she came onstage here...very funny. The girls got a sense of humour...much more so that the prudes at Watchmacallit street.

Kal said...

I saw the clip from Sesame Street and nothing was bouncing around. What did they expect her to wear - a Burka? I bet you a million dollars that most of the kids of the parents who complain don't even watch Sesame Street because the parents don't really care about the kid, if they did they wouldn't have complained about something where 99.99999999% of it was a good thing for their kid. Religious people afraid of everything are stupid.

Darius Whiteplume said...

GIF are weird on Tumblr. Maybe try saving it again? Or right-click "View Image" (Firefox) then try to save.

Darius Whiteplume said...

Are either of these the one?

http://adventuresinnerdliness.net/kpe.html