Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Loves Me Some Goom




This is my favorite cartoon monster from those great days when monster comics where huge. Marvel released some of the best ones and all it took was a name and Stan Lee would be off and running. The creature's design was almost incidental in these little morality tales. 'Goom' is one of the greats who I was overjoyed to see make a comeback with 'Fin Fang Foom' and crew on Marvel Digital. The site 'COVERED' is a cool place to see artists do their own takes on the famous covers they have chosen. Its a fun site.


http://coveredblog.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Wings1295 said...

When I first saw the headline, I thought you said "Loves Me Some GLOOM" - hahahahahaha

I am a DC fan, so that may explain why I have never heard of Goom before. Interesting dude... Er, Monster. Sorry.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

But I also love me some 'GLOOM' - sweet, warm gloom to keep me safe under the covers at night. Only the finest vintage taken straight from the 'Well of my Bitterness'.